Follow Me on Pinterest

Me, myself and I...and Lilli:) {St. Catharines Photographer}

Let me just start out by saying this...taking your own portrait is HARD! Very, very hard. And not just because you feel like a total loser doing it:), but difficult on many technical levels.


Whew!


It started about a month or so ago, in an online forum I am involved in, with many totally fabulous Canadian female photographers. Someone started a self portrait challenge and I was very hesitant to participate..but it does help a photographer to see things a bit differently when on the other side of the lens, so in the spirit of self development...here I went!


Introducing....me. Sarah Hancox.


Went back to the gym this morning..in line with my many many new years resolutions.  Wasn't quite brave enough yet to actually look at the camera:)

and here I am in my backyard...it's small, but my only rear neighbors are a pack of coyotes so I can't really complain...but they do get a little loud sometimes.  I am also sporting my sweet Ray-Bans my husband gave to me for my birthday last year..I love how they reveal what a total mess my yard is, lol. 
and it's just not a complete post without my little afternoon buddy Lilli...you can regularly find us here in the afternoon before the boys get home, having our daily cuddle time. xo

Have a super weekend!!!!!

7 comments:

Shona Reid said...

Lookin' good Sarah!

Theresa Janzen-Haden said...

The photos are awesome! And you do look good!!

haring-mendes said...

These are truly beautiful. Flowing over with emotion.

Jennifer Gilbert said...

Awesome job Sarah! You are GORGEOUS!

Jaime Coyle said...

I really like the serene effect in your photos. The muted tones are lovely. You're such a pretty girl too.

diananazarethphotography said...

I love the one of you in the glasses. You are gorgeous. By the way, I just started back to the gym this week too! Maybe, just maybe, I'll do some selfies in a couple of months as an incentive. :)

PD said...

Looking great there girlie! I still have YET to get any I like of myself haa. Well done you! Phwit phew :D

copyright notice

***All images contained on this site are copyright of Sarah Hancox Photography 2011***